- Increases your heart rate
- Lessens the risk of heart disease
- Encourages more oxygen into your lungs and
- Improves your cardio-vascular system.
- Is “Weight bearing” (body weight is supported by spine, legs and feet). Builds healthy bones
- Builds strong leg muscles – vital for physical independence.
- Can be both sociable and beneficial – especially if you have a partner to walk with.
Reproduced from Sod Sitting, Get Moving!: Getting Active in Your 60s, 70s and Beyond Hardcover – 9 Mar. 2017 by Sir Muir Gray (Author), Diana Moran (Author), David Mostyn (Illustrator)To buy a copy click here